Patient ID#: 2212
We value the privacy of our patients. All patients have given written consent to display their photographs. A photo release form must be signed before any photos are used on this site.
This delightful 66 year old patient came to our office with a range of concerns about her face. First amongst these concerns was the bags under her eyes and how the whole area around her eyes made her look older than she felt. Additionally, she didn’t like the saggy skin of her face and neck. In her professional life she interacts with many high-level medical professionals and has a lot of insight into the plastic surgery providers in our region. We’re honored that she decided to trust her important surgery to us.
We told her that her needs would be best met with a comprehensive approach to her facial rejuvenation.
Patient's Honest Journey: Deep Neck Lift and Extended Deep Plane Facelift.
1. An extended deep plane facelift. This very advanced facelift technique lifts and repositions the deep layers of the face and allows for a natural-appearing and long-lasting rejuvenation. Just pulling on the deep layers of the face, rather than repositioning those layers with a true deep plane technique, cannot deliver this result.
2. A deep plane neck lift. Through a small incision under the chin, excess fat and muscle was removed and repositioned. Simple liposuction of the neck cannot address the deep layers of fat in the neck and absolutely can’t address the muscles and glands that are hanging lower in the neck and will compromise the result.
3. Endoscopic Browlift. Much of the improvement around the eyes came from the improved upper and lower eyelids, but you’ll note that her eyebrows have been positioned slightly higher and with a very natural shape. This was accomplished through three tiny incisions behind her frontal hairline.
4. Lower Eyelid Lift. Remember, this was her main complaint! She really wasn’t happy with the puffy appearance under her eyes. A transconjunctival (thought the back of the eyelid, rather than cutting through the skin and muscle on the surface of the eyelid) was selected because it is a less destructive approach to remove the excess lower eyelid fat.
5. Upper Eyelid lift. Finally, she had an upper eyelid blepharoplasty which, in combination with the browlift and the lower eyelid blepharoplasty, restored the vitality of the area around her eyes.
Left Lateral Chin Tucked:
What do you think of the final result? The patient tells us (and we agree) that she has had a comprehensive facial rejuvenation and yet maintained her natural look. She has socialized with many friends and family who feel she looks beautiful and refreshed without having any of the tell-tale signs of having plastic surgery that can crop up. This kind of beautiful and natural result is what we want for all our patients.